Steven Heddle Consultancy
Scientific and IT consultant, formerly employed full time as e-business adviser with Orkney Enterprise. Physics graduate and postgraduate with extensive research and development experience in academic, industrial and civil service settings. Experience as optical systems designer, electronic systems designer, image processing algorithm developer, and software engineer. Have worked on collaborative international projects and presented at international conferences.
Experience of technology start ups, and IPR issues through own patent application. Experience of project leadership with wide range of responsibilities including design, planning, reporting, liaison with partners, co-workers, staff, suppliers and sub-contractors, and application of commercial consideration to packaging and mass manufacture of products.
Extensive experience of computer and IT hardware, applications, programming, e-commerce; web use, design, marketing; e-commerce; basic networking; scientific and technical writing.
Project management; scientific and technical consultancy including all aspects of IT and e-commerce, website analysis specification and design; metrology and data analysis; mathematical modelling; programming; electronic and optical system design; and training and production of training materials.
- Voluntary Action Orkney
- Orkney Islands Council
- Orkney Enterprise
- Shetland Enterprise
- Caithness and Sutherland Enterprise
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Development Partners Ltd.
- Key Commercial Services Ltd.
- Orkney Photographic
- Orkney Folk Festival
Qualifications and indemnity arrangements
- BSc (Hons) 1st Class Physics, University of Aberdeen 1987
- PhD, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Edinburgh 1993
- Member of Institute of Physics, Chartered Physicist (MInstP CPhys)
- SFEDI Accredited Business Adviser under HIE QA Programme,since 2002
- Trained in PRINCE2 project management methodology
- Personal Indemnity Insurance cover to £ 500,000
Service(s) provided: Consultancy & Research, Computer & IT Services